How to Write an Eye-Catching Blog for the Readers
Follow these useful tips to learn how to write effective blog posts that keep your readers interested. This article is originally from instantshift.com. InstantShift is leading design and inspiration related community for web designers and developers daily resource, inspiration and premium web design and development. About the author: Jenny Campata has been working with writing challenged clients for over three years. She provides ghost writing and ghost editing service as well. Currently, she is providing Essay writing service for the student of college and university. In addition, Jenny also works as a marketing manager at getcustomessayhelp.com. Image courtesy of YakobchukOlena via Bigstockphoto.
You’ve perhaps understood how preeminent blogging is to the progress and development of your blog marketing.
Although blogging is considered to be one of the most crucial aspects of blog marketing, many marketers show reluctance when it comes to starting and maintaining a blog. That’s may be because writing is a technical field and requires specific skills to craft a well-researched, engaging and error-free blog posts.
If you’re also looking for some ideas to streamline your content development process, you’re at the right place. Scroll down to unearth some useful tips and tricks that will surely help you create some excellent blog posts.
How to Write an Eye-Catching Blog Post?
Step 1 – Know Your Audience
Ahead of writing, make sure to have a complete knowledge about your viewers. What are their interests? What are they looking for on your blog? Take into account what you perceive about your customer’s personality and their passions while you’re turning up with a title for your post.
For example, if your viewers are entrepreneurs waiting to begin their own business, you perhaps don’t require giving them advice about how to get started in social media. However, you can counsel them on how to make amendments in their approach to switch it from a personal line of action to a more business-oriented strategy. This way you can address specific issues that will grab more of your reader’s interest and attention.
Step 2 – Decide a Topic
Once you know your target audience, it’s time now to decide the working title or topic for your post. Writing a brilliant blog title is one of the most challenging yet important tasks. With more than 1 million published posts every day, it’s becoming more and more crucial to grab visitor’s attention and also to make them click your posts. Here are some of the practical tips that should assist you to write brilliant blog post titles.
- Make it Appealing: Make sure to select a title that is functional, exciting and assertive. Functional here refers to the options that tell readers the post is going to describe something useful. For example, you can opt for ‘how to’ titles to attract your readers.
- Simple and Sweet: One of the ways to catch your reader’s interest is to keep your post title short and sweet. Ideally, a good title should contain around 70 characters. Try to pick the relevant words to let readers know the post will going to help them learn something useful. Be specific, select simple words and come up with a title that’s engaging and appealing for the readers.
- Avoid Keyword Stuffing: I know how important this is for you to increase the visibility of your articles. You can do this by adding one or two relevant keywords in your post. However, it’s equally important to focus on writing for the readers instead of search engines only. It’s advisable not to stuff your writing with the keywords as it won’t look impressive and your audience wouldn’t be able to concentrate on the main idea.
Step 3 – Write an Interesting Intro
Writing the first two or three lines of your post can be extremely challenging. An interesting intro or hook is an assurance of increased reader’s interest and attention. Try to be very creative while writing the hook for your post. You can either add a quote or a joke to grab your reader’s interest.
In addition to that, you can also pose a question to attract your audience. Luckily, the ways are countless. What you just need to do is to play with your creative instinct and come up with an intriguing and captivating intro.
Step 4 – Organize the Info
At times, blog posts can have a mind-boggling amount of details and information that can be overwhelming for both the reader as well as the writer. One of the ways to retain your reader’s interest is to organize your content properly so that the readers are not oppressed by the length of the post.
You can do this by breaking down your content into lists, sections, tips and paragraphs. Whatever option you opt for, make sure the details are organized and easy to read.
To organize your content, you need to outline your post first. Ahead of writing, decide things about which topics to cover. Also, determine the best order in which you can arrange your content.
Step 5 – Word Count
Before start writing, it’s also important to decide on the word count you wish to include in your blog post. Some posts have specified criterion for maximum length. Important is to understand that each subject requires a diversified word count. Some topic needs 100 words to describe, while there are others which take more than 1000 words to explain.
Instead of relying too much on the word count, try to focus on other functional elements that can help you create an engaging and impressive blog post.
Remember, its quality, not quantity that makes all the difference.
Step 6 – Research
What makes your content stand out from the competitor’s work is the research you’ve conducted on that particular subject. Don’t limit yourself to online resources only. Try to take help from other sources as well such as magazines, books, journals or you can even ask from friends, colleagues, and others to provide information which you can use in your post to make it even more unique and appealing.
Step 7 – Write
Now that you know the title of your post and also know the outline, it’s time now to start writing. Use your rough draft as a model and make certain to extend the points as required. Start writing with the information you already know. Do additional research to give depth and dimension to your writing. Support your claims that you’ve presented in the introduction of your post by relevant and suitable references. By doing so will help you create a compelling and impressive blog post that your readers will love to read.
Last but not the least; end your post with a convincing conclusion. Do not add anything new in this section. Try to emphasize the points you’ve already discussed earlier.
Instead of depending too much on other elements, try to focus on developing valuable content for your readers. Before you start writing, try to ask these questions from yourself.
- Is your content searchable?Searchable content involves 1×H1 tag, at least 2×H2 tags, Meta description, keywords, anchor texts and alt tags for pictures.
- Is your content readable?Readable content includes bullets, lists and overall organization of content.
- Is your content understandable?Make use of easy-to-understand language and tone. Avoid using complex words and language jargons to grab reader’s interest.
- Will the reader share your post?Shareable content involves a valid reason to share, convenient to share, customization.
Step 8 – Proofread
Proofreading is the most important part of the blogging process. You can ask a friend (preferably one with exceptional writing skills and grammar proficiency) to proofread your blog post. Take criticism positively and use it to make your writing even better.
Besides grammar, spelling and punctuation mistakes also check your content for formatting errors. Make sure you select a visually attractive and appropriate image for your content. Relevant images help you attract your reader’s attention. Statistics suggest that posts with suitable images get 94% more views than the content without having images.
In addition to that, pay attention to the formatting and organization of your content. Nobody likes awful, disordered posts. In a perfectly formatted and visually attractive post, you’ll observe that headers and sub headers are included to divide huge sections of text. Make sure to be consistent in your use of headers. By doing so will help you write a professional and appealing post.
Step 9 – Select your Tags Carefully
Tags are distinct keywords that explain a post. Moreover, they also enable the audience to browse for additional content in the similar group on your blog. Instead of adding a huge list of tags, select 10-20 relevant tags that cover all the important topics you wish to include on your blog.
Step 10 – Include a CTA (Call-to-Action)
Every blog post should contain a CTA (call-to-action) at the end that signifies what you wish the audience to do next. You can either invite them to subscribe to your blog or register for an upcoming webinar or can ask them to download an e-book.
The general idea about adding a CTA in your blog post is that it helps you to generate a lead. However, the matter of fact is it also gives an opportunity to your reader to get access to some additional useful resources.
Step 11 – Optimize Your Content for On-Page SEO
Once you’ve finished writing, it’s time now to optimize your content for search. Don’t try to stuff your content with the keywords. If you can include your targeted keywords without disturbing reader’s experience, do it. But don’t overcrowd keywords or go after some subjective keyword density.
Few other things you should focus on while optimizing your post for search includes.
- Meta Description: Meta descriptions are short statements included just below the post’s title on Google’s search results. They give seekers a synopsis of the post ahead of clicking over it. The ideal length of these descriptions is around 150-160 characters and begin with a verb like ‘discover’ and ‘learn’. Despite the fact that Meta descriptions, not any more influences Google’s keyword algorithm, they still provide searchers with a summary of what they will receive by going through the post.
- Headers and Titles: The title of your post can also play a crucial role in the optimization of your content. As mentioned earlier, don’t try to stuff keywords in your title just to make it visible on the search engines. However, if you feel the keywords are blending well with your post titles, feel free to add them as required. In addition to that, keep your headers short and to the point. Ideally, 60-65 characters long heading will serve the purpose.
- Anchor Text: Anchor text enables you to link your page to another page. Attentively choose which specific keywords you wish to connect to other pages on your website as search engines take that into account while listing your page for specific keywords.In addition to that, it’s also important to examine the pages you’re linking your page to. Think about connecting to pages that you wish to rank better for that particular keyword. By doing so will help you rank your page on Google’s first page.
- Mobile responsiveness: We’re living in an era of wireless connectivity. With smartphones accounting for approximately 4 out of 5 minutes spent on the web, holding a mobile-responsive website has become increasingly important. Alongside assuring your site visitors have the most excellent experience; mobile optimization will also give your site some extra SEO points.
Creating a unique and appealing blog post isn’t a rocket science. If you’ve understood the steps explained above, it won’t take much time now to write an interesting piece of content. What you just need to do is to concentrate well and pay attention to each and every aspect of writing and optimization to develop a post that will be cherished by the readers. Take a hint from this post and let’s get ready to start and maintain an amazing blog. Happy writing!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!