Setup an Out-of-Office Auto-Responder
When you’re on vacation or out-of-office for a day-long meeting, would you like to send an auto-reply to email messages that you receive? Follow these instructions:
Login to your email account using webmail (http://bighart.org/webmail).
You’ll then see cPanel’s main screen, which will look similar to the photo below. Click the Auto Responders button near the bottom of the main screen.
You’ll then see a screen that looks similar to this:
Fill in the form that appears, using the image above and the following details as a guide.
- I recommend leaving the Character Set on utf-8.
- Set the interval to 8 hours. This interval controls how often a sender will receive your auto-reply. You don’t want your colleagues to get an auto-reply every time they email you if they send you a handful of messages throughout the day.
- Enter your full name in the From field.
- Enter something like Auto Reply or Out of the Office in the Subject field.
- Leave the HTML box unchecked.
- Enter the message you’d like to auto-send as a reply to incoming emails.
- Use the Start and Stop options to set start and end dates and times.
- Finally, click “Create/Modify”.
- Click the Log Out button in the upper right corner. That’s it.
If you configured it to start immediately, you can now send a test message from another email accounts to make sure it’s working.